So I started doing the whole podcast thing yesterday, and I became an addict within a matter of hours. On the plane, on the ground, at dinner, in bed – hardly anything is sacred at this point. After listening to these things, I don’t really know what the hell to say about em, other than “here ya go; have a listen.”
So…Here ya go; have a listen!
Although I was unable to blog the arrival into Vegas, I recorded a bundle of podcasts, so listen to these babies in order to follow our journey to the city of sin!
Note: All “podcast” links removed, as the service is no longer available.
- Jan. 5, 3:21 pm EST – After talking to a weirdo in line and boarding the plane, I broke out the iPod to capture the beginning of our cross-country voyage.
- Jan. 5, 4:19 pm EST – Where’s the drink bitch? Courtney took a xanny, though, so she’s aight.
- Jan. 5, 4:21 pm EST – Plane rides to Vegas are more fun.
- Jan. 5, 6:55 pm EST – The mile high club is bullshit, at least in this freakin plane.
- Jan. 5, 7:00 pm EST – The Hoover Dam from 32,000 feet.
- Jan. 5, 7:07 pm EST – The cabin slut has to give you instructions for getting off the plane. Believe me, when you’ve been cramped up in a tiny seat for 4 hours, you don’t need instructions for how to get the hell out of there.
- Jan. 5, 7:13 pm EST – Man, I have GOT to quit flying coach.
- Jan. 5, 7:24 pm EST – Wow, how could I have possibly forgotten about all the FREE SHIT you get at conventions?? And people, this is the CES we’re talking about here! As far as free shit goes, this has got to be like the holy grail!
- Jan. 5, 7:43 pm EST – Cab lines at the airport are horrible, but there are lots of alternatives for getting to your hotel. You can get away with being a cheapskate, too!
- Jan. 5, 8:39 pm EST – Finally, we made it to the hotel. Oh, but my jacket collar looked stupid. Dude, I totally don’t care; just get me some damn food.
- Jan. 5, 9:29 pm EST – Courtney wanted some sushi, and I just wanted to eat…So, we ended up at a tidy little sit-down sushi bar. Ordering this crap is tough because there’s rarely perfect symmetry between sushi menus at different places. Oh well, I didn’t come here to bitch. Or did I?
- Jan. 5, 9:35 pm EST – Let me get this straight. You have king crab legs on the menu, but you DON’T HAVE ANY DRAWN BUTTER? They were lucky I didn’t get up and leave right then and there.
- Jan. 6, 7:26 am EST – Wow. We are party animals. Not long after arriving at our room for the first time, we decided to take a “short nap” before hitting the strip. Oh, and we rented Jarhead for $1 MM. After watching like half the movie, I promptly passed out, and apparently Courtney followed suit some time shortly thereafter. When she woke up, she was greeted with a nice porno on the TV! Sweet…Wonder how much THAT cost?
So there you have it, folks. Right now it’s 7 am local time, 10 am EST, and I just polished off a venti coffee from Starbucks. My stomach is talkin to me, and sleepyhead, I mean Courtney, is back in the damn bed. I’m gonna smack her around a bit and try to coerce her into grabbing some grub. Oh, and I’ll be sure to bring the ipod :)
Stay tuned for more goodies! I’m in the city that never sleeps, and since I have coffee a mere 31 stories below me, I should be able to stay up for as much of the action as possible. Really set a nice precedent for that last night, didn’t I? Shaddup :-P