Just when you thought I left this site for dead…
Actually, it’s gotten to the point where I feel guilty when I don’t give this site, my baby, the proper TLC it deserves. On top of that, I feel twice as guilty when I think I’m letting my readers down. Third, I feel even worse when I end a sentence with a preposition, like…ummm…the previous one.
So anyway, I figure I may as well offer up a few excuses for why I’ve basically ignored everybody since Christmas. In an attempt to be as web-trendy as possible, I’ve compiled a nice little list to explain myself:
- I had to shop for Christmas stuff, which takes DAYS to recover from.
- I played in a tennis tournament the entire week after Christmas, and my knees hurt too much to blog.
- I had to go BACK to the malls to return gifts and take advantage of mad sales. Once again, I had to take a few days off to recover from my shopping expedition.
- I received a $300 gas and electric bill for December, suffered from shock, and blacked out.
So there you have it – my weak list of excuses. Isn’t that just the most awesome way to start the new year? I know.
Fortunately, 2006 has actually been VERY exciting thus far, and I’m really going to kick things off for everybody this week with a BRAND NEW addition to my corner of the blogosphere.
The Pearsonified Podcast
Everybody’s getting into the podcasting game these days, but like anything else, it’s about 99% crap and 1% gold. Did you notice how my percentages added up to 100%? That’s what I learned in college. Anyway, I’m announcing the launch of my new podcast today, but I’m not just going to throw a link up here. No, that wouldn’t even come close to achieving the pseudo-grandeur that I’m looking for, so instead, I’m going to roll out the red carpet for this SOB.
In order to give the pearsonified podcast the launch it so rightly deserves, I’m going to be heading to Las Vegas for the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES). From there, I’ll podcast the good, the bad, and the drunk, and hopefully, I’ll end up with some good material. I realize that my build-up borders on cheesy, but I want you, my wicked-cool readers, to know that I’m dead serious about creating a podcast that’s worth a damn. REALLY worth a damn.
Also, since I’m going to be in Vegas, I’ll snap tons of pics of the action, so that’ll just be icing on the cake.
With all that in mind, pearsonified is DEFINITELY the place to be this week! Oh, and because I couldn’t resist testing out my new Belkin iPod Voice Recorder, here’s the first episode of the pearsonified podcast! (edit: link removed)
It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out exactly how I wanted to handle the podcast files and whatnot, and since I struggled through some really dumb stuff, I figured I’d be a nice guy and give you a couple of tips in case you’ve never done this before:
- Download the podcast file using the link above
- You can double click on the filename to play it in a default player like iTunes or Windows Media Player, but if neither one of these works for ya, then I’d recommend downloading Winamp.
- Once you’ve installed Winamp, you can drag the podcast file over to the Winamp playlist, and BAM – instant pearsonified podcastage.
If you’ve got any other questions, just hit me up in the comments. Enjoy, and don’t forget to check back all week for the excitement!