- Architect: George L. Walling
- Builder: Raymond Champion Homes
- Year Built: 1950
- Renovations: 1962, 1983, 2008, 2015
- Square Feet: 2,174
- Lot Size: 0.3 acres
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Elementary School: Casis
- Middle School: O’Henry
- High School: Austin
Tarrytown is home to some of the most prestigious properties in all of Austin, yet 2508 Inwood Place still holds at least two notable distinctions that make it stand out, even among such distinguished company.
First, there’s the requisite mid-century architectural details: post-and-beam construction, tongue-and-groove ceilings, striking sandstone masonry walls, crank windows, and floor-to-ceiling windows surrounding a serene patio.
Although you’ll find a variety of architectural styles in Tarrytown, the number of mid-century modern homes that have retained much of their original flair is quite small.
That fact alone is significant, but 2508 Inwood Place has the best of both worlds: Modern updates where it counts—kitchen, bathrooms, flex space—accentuated by the delightful mid-century details listed above.
Second, the home is majestically perched atop a small hill on a quiet cul-de-sac, providing the ultimate in both security and curb appeal.
(In case you’re not familiar with the area, cul-de-sacs are extremely rare in Tarrytown. And 2508 Inwood is flanked by other mid-century modern homes, creating one of the most architecturally significant enclaves in the city.)
Location, Location, Location!
The city of Austin works on a north-south axis, and this means key arteries like Mopac and I-35 are often gridlocked with traffic.
And let’s not kid ourselves—the traffic problem isn’t going to get any better.
The only solution is to live somewhere that doesn’t require you to travel too far north or south to reach points of interest.
From this perspective, 2508 Inwood Place is the perfect location to enjoy a fast-growing Austin:
- Easy access to downtown via Caesar Chavez, 5th St., and Enfield/15th St.
- Bonus: Uber/Lyft downtown for only $7 per trip!
- Just 3 minutes from Lady Bird Lake and the hike ‘n bike trail
- 10 minutes or less to reach the Triangle (north), The Grove (north), Zilker Park, South Congress, and the flagship Alamo Drafthouse (south)
- Nearby parks include Deep Eddy Pool, Red Bud Isle, Westenfield Park, and Lions Municipal Golf Course
- Only 16 minutes from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport!
In other words, 2508 Inwood Place affords you east-west travel possibilities that not only help you avoid traffic, but also to access more of the fun and excitement of the city!
Whether you’re traveling to COTA or the Domain, this central Austin location is the perfect home base to minimize your travel times and traffic headaches.
Nearby Attractions and Points of Interest
Coming in 2021: A marquee H-E-B store is set to open at the corner of Exposition and Lake Austin Blvd. Access it in just 1 minute from 2508 Inwood Place without ever traveling on a main road!
While the H-E-B is an absolute game-changer, you’ll also enjoy other “locals only” hotspots within shouting distance:
- West Lynn — Just one mile away, this quiet street is home to local favorites like the Caffe Medici coffee house, Taco Flats, Jeffrey’s, Josephine House, Galaxy Cafe, Cipollina, historic Nau’s Enfield Drug, and a Howler Bros. store
- Pool Burger — This trendy burger joint and tiki bar is situated behind the legendary Deep Eddy Cabaret
- West Sixth (and Fifth) — Enjoy the flagship Whole Foods store, Lululemon, Clark’s Oyster Bar, Better Half, El Arroyo, Lin Asian Bistro, 24 Diner, Amy’s Ice Cream, and a variety of bars
No matter what you’re into, 2508 Inwood Place is the ultimate home base for taking advantage of the best Austin has to offer.
Is this the best location in Austin? Or is it the best location in AMERICA?