5 Things You Didn’t Know About Me Before Reading This

Black and white photo of Chris Pearson

Ordinarily, I try to resist participating in the various memes that periodically tear across the digital landscape. This time, however, I’m left with no choice because I’ve been tagged by the likes of Brian, Cesar, Yuri, and Russell.

Oh, and I also think the “5 things you didn’t know about me” approach makes for good reading :)

Without further ado, it’s time to get your curiosity fix for the day!

Did you know?

1. I play a lot of competitive tennis, and in 2006, I was on four state championship teams at my level, which makes me the only guy in Kentucky who can make that claim. In 2007, I’ll be playing at the 4.0 and 4.5 levels—that’s the pretty good to really good range, I guess.
  2. In 2001, I lowered my golf handicap to 4 by playing 52 times in 61 days while living alone in Houston, TX. Sadly, ever since that time, my handicap has ballooned like someone coming off the Atkins diet.
  3. I make a two-egg omelette for breakfast every morning, and I usually pound about 54 ounces of coffee to go with that.
  4. From 1996–1997, I was one of the most feared Duke Nukem players in the world. Back in the days of the Total Entertainment Network, I was ranked in the top 7 on both the regular game and also on the Plutonium Pack edition (actually, I was #1 on the Plutonium edition). No one—and I mean no one—was more lethal with the shotgun.
  5. After quitting my first job out of college, I went to work for my dad. In a year and a half, I took the company from near-bankruptcy to almost $20 MM in annual sales by providing detailed analysis (and subsequent overhaul) of every aspect of the business combined with an aggressive marketing scheme in rural areas. I got nothing for my efforts (no interest, no raise, no nothing) except a complete lack of respect, and seeing the writing on the wall, I promptly quit. Four months later, I started this site, and the rest is history.

Now, I want to hear from some people whose work I follow and really admire: Chris Glass, Naz Hamid, Khoi Vinh, Cameron Moll, and the guy who designs damn near everything he comes into contact with, Jason Santa Maria.

Andrew December 19, 2006

Just stumbled across your site and wanted to tip my cap. Not only do I admire your abilty to tell the bosses of the world to shove it, but I’ve been toiling about as a 3.5 tennis player for quite some time – 4.5 is quite nice. Be proud! ;-)

Chris P. December 19, 2006

Andrew,

I probably should edit the line about being a 4.0/4.5 player to:

“I’ll be playing at the 4.0 and 4.5 levels, and likely getting my butt kicked at the latter.”

Brian Clark December 19, 2006

Interesting stuff, but who’s the ugly em-effer in the picture? ;)

Chris P. December 19, 2006

I dunno, but he sure needs a stinking razor—look at that krustache!

Chris Glass December 19, 2006

Dagnabbit!
Now I have to think.

John Wesley December 19, 2006

Cute picture, very boy band. I like the facts too. :)

Jeff December 19, 2006

I’m most intrigued by the last item and how it may have affected your relationship with your Dad. I’ll ask because you surely can simply not answer if it’s not something you want to share, but … how did it go down in the end?

Jimmy December 19, 2006

So what line of business was your dad in.. internet based?

Chris P. December 19, 2006

Jeff,

I don’t mind answering—it’s about time I got a lot of this stuff off my chest anyway.

Towards the end, my dad and I had differing opinions over how the business should be run. We were dealing with a supplier who had a history of lying, not delivering adequately, and not giving us the respect I thought we had earned.

On top of that, the supplier asked us to rekindle the St. Louis market using our cash flow. When we first entered that space, we lost about $130,000, and since we were still paying off a rather large debt, this made it less and less likely that I would receive the raise that I was due.

Personally, I felt as though our product had a very short life span, and I truly believed that within two years, our primary income stream would dwindle away in a more competitive marketplace.

Knowing that time was limited and also knowing that we were going to be in debt for another year, I lost motivation to continue down the same path. In the process, my dad began to treat me like a dog, even going as far as to disrespect me in front of our employees.

Also, he had begun to make decisions that had potentially positive long term effects, but made things very, very difficult in the short term. In these tight situations, he behaved and managed himself quite poorly, and as his son, I was the recipient of his numerous outbursts.

Towards the end, I was ready to purchase my own house, but I didn’t have the income at the time to afford the lowest level house that I deemed acceptable. In my opinion, I had more than earned a considerable share of the company as well as a $20,000 annual raise (measley when you consider our weekly income), but not wanting to press the issue, I only asked for the raise (with the intention of putting myself in position to buy a home).

When this request was denied, I felt as though I was out of options, and it became clear to me how my life was being affected by my lack of complete freedom.

The mounting occurrences of disrespect also began to take their toll on me, and finally, I decided that I had to change the way I lived my life.

Step one was getting out of that depressingly subservient situation, and you are pretty much witnessing the evolution of step number two.

Bottom line is that I pretty much got the shaft, and I really had to learn a significant lesson the hard way.

But hey, doesn’t this site just rock? :)

Chris P. December 19, 2006

Jimmy,

Prepaid cellular phone and phone card distribution through convenience stores.

We collected data and payments electronically in many cases, but we also operated an extensive land-based distribution network that became the core of our profitable business model.

Pathos December 19, 2006

This site and your wordpress cutline theme rock, just like you!

You came out on top with flying colours!!

Thank you for the insight…..

I never got to fix the problems I had with my father, but he is gone now.
So simmer, but don’t wait to long, life is to short…..

Jeff December 19, 2006

Well, congratulations on seeing your way out of the situation. And thanks for sharing the story.

Yes, the site rocks :)

shane December 19, 2006

Touching story, Chris. Sorry you had a rought time of it with your Pops. I just finished a book you’ve GOT to read, man. “The 5 People You Meet In Heaven” I think it will ease your journey.

Regards
Shane

David Krug December 19, 2006

Shane,
That book was pretty good suprising but good. It was written by the same guy who wrote Tuesdays with Morrie?

D

Chris P. December 19, 2006

Mitch Albom? Of Sports Reporters and ESPN fame?

Alpesh December 19, 2006

Chris – man you rock. I have just be one of your newbie readers. Newbie – coz I am new to blogosphere – just 7 months :-) Newbie – coz I have just started reading your blogs….

Take it easy mate – life is to short. Parents are parents… but you really made a big statement – that i wont forget

“There are other details that contribute to how vital a role I played, but I think it would be classless to divulge them all here.”

Awesome mate… you are on the right path.
Cheers and Beers!
Season’s Greetings from Alpesh Nakar

Chris K. December 19, 2006

Hey Chris, I’ve recently become a fan of your blog, and when I saw that you’re a big tennis player, I wanted to tell you about a site I founded/coded. I was going to email you personally so it wouldn’t look like a self-plug, but I can’t find your contact info anywhere on the site.

Basically, I started the Facebook of the Tennis industry. The goal being that Tennis is a sport where you actually need someone else to play with, thus giving more “purpose” to the social network. I’d love for you to check it out (although I don’t think there are any players in your area…5100 overall though) and let me know what you think of it. Thanks for writing a great blog,

Chris

Mike December 19, 2006

I can vouch for one thang … the boy has covered every rural route thru Kentucky … as I did.

Nothing makes a man like selling face-to-face and cold-calling every convenience store in the state was a great training ground for the dude now known as The ThemeMaster … with boy-band facial hair !

I’ve been thru the family thang myself, with some major disagreements and lost years.

One piece of advice – Forgive, don’t forget and get it freakin’ over with.

I lost a sister and had not cleared up all our disagreements before it happened, 6 days after 9/11 and it still haunts me to this day.

Q’doba’s on me the week of the 8th – 12th of January.

I’ll have news to share and secrets to steal !

Leonard Klaatu December 19, 2006

Chris, I enjoy your work. I’m working on migrating my site to your Cutline theme, but I’m lazy so it ain’t happenin’ too fast.

Regarding #5 – May I suggest a very worthwhile book: The Father Factor: How Your Father’s Legacy Impacts Your Career (Paperback)
by Stephan B. Poulter

Kudos for carving out your own way. Too bad the cost was so high. I hope your success continues.

Chris P. December 19, 2006

Uh oh! I’ll be in Vegas for the CES through the 11th! Maybe we can grab a burrito on the 12th, though.

Leonard — thanks a lot!

Mike December 19, 2006

The 12th it is ! Bring me back a T-shirt !

You know … my friend went to The Little Wedding Chapel of the West and all he brought me was a T-shirt.

Chris P. December 19, 2006

That’s cause they wore his ass out at the craps tables.

I know cause it happened to me the last time I was there—while I was playing next to Fed Ex!

Wendy December 20, 2006

I’ve been using your cutline theme at blog.spaceliftstudios.com since it’s inception earlier this month. Thanks!!

I use a different theme for the website listed here, but it’s where I posted my “5 things you didn’t know about me” article (more appropriate, since it’s more of a catch-all blog for me).

Keep up the great work!

PS: I have some questions about cutline. How do I get in touch with you directly? Haven’t been able to find an email address.

Frederick Thomas December 20, 2006

Hi, I discovered Pearsonified just recently and have read quite a few posts in the archives. I just got to this one and was glad you shared. It’s kind of nice know how people are made and relating to those experiences touches us all in some way.

Just wanted to say Great Job on the site and remember that time heals all wounds, and that most folks do regret making those wounds even if they never show it.

Merry Christmas!

Chris P. December 20, 2006

Wendy — A lot of people feel the same way you do, and that’s why I created (and still maintain) the Cutline support site. Please post your question there, and I’ll be happy to answer it!

Frederick — Thanks!

papa mc reinhart December 21, 2006

i knew all that but the two egg omlets… many a fond memory of duke in your dads house

kid disco December 21, 2006

Crazy stuff! I love how I’m getting to know a bit more about the bloggers that I keep up with. I’ve been reading you through my feed for awhile now… great work!

Love the new design on SEJ, BTW! :P

MadHacktress December 21, 2006

These are great “didn’t knows”. I can especially relate to number 5. I had a similar experience with my straight-out-of-college job; though it wasn’t with family and it was a nearly bankrupt not-for-profit. I loved the job, too, but when another opportunity came along it was really hard to choose to stay in that thankless position.

Terry

Aubrey Island December 21, 2006

I had just got done adding some of my tennis experience to my website when I noticed your post. Strange, karma or something.

I wonder how many other web designers play tennis?

lawton chiles December 22, 2006

Chris, reading you and Brian Clark has definetly helped me start Design Minute. Thanks for your inspiration and constant goal to keep turning out great looking designs.

I hope you work , have worked things out with your Dad, life is to precious not too.

Now, if only I could get Cutline to display my Catogories…

Schweeeb.... December 26, 2006

BLAM! Chris, just a BLAM from me to you right on que. It’s good to see you get a ‘few’ things off your chest. Merry Christmas.

Kevin Bryant January 1, 2007

Fascinating to hear about the rush to the 4 handicap (I was once a 5). I was already impressed with you after competing against you and your cutie-pie, Courtney, in mixed doubles, and then also from talking to you about your web bidnesses. If you can do that with golf, then, with your athletic ability, I’m sure that you’ll soon be competing just fine at the 4.5 level in tennis. If you ever get down Savannah way, I might even be able to give you a tip or two. :-) Have you considered competing against your dad’s business? Then, you could eventually hire him and all could kiss and make up. :-)

Kevin Bryant January 1, 2007

Oh, and your photo is crooked. . . :-)

Norm Gregory January 4, 2007

Do you make your omelettes? If so what’s the trick?

Mine always end up looking like scrambled eggs.

Chris P. January 4, 2007

Norm,

Although I wouldn’t call it a “trick,” per-se, I do add about a tablespoon of milk to my egg mix before beating the eggs in a bowl. This causes the omelette to cook up “fluffier” than it would otherwise.

Also, you can mutilate a perfectly good omelette if you don’t cook it at the right temperature.

Personally, I preheat my stovetop to level 3 (out of 10) for about 3–5 minutes. Once I’ve got my egg mix together, I pour the concoction into the skillet and cook the eggs, all the while separating the cooking egg from the skillet with a turner.

Once the eggs have cooked into one solid piece (this part is tricky), I slide the turner underneath and flip the omelette in order to cook the other side and add my cheese. Of course, a pro would flip the thing in the air, but I don’t cook with enough oil to make that a realistic possibility.

The bottom line is that it takes a bit of practice and a delicate touch, but it’s not too bad.

Norm Gregory January 4, 2007

Aha . . . I think I may be using too high of a temp.

I am assuming you are using some sort of no-stick pan?

The trick is in your third graf . . . keeping the egg mix semi detached from the pan.

Thanks Chris.

Chris P. January 4, 2007

Norm,

I use a skillet that has a teflon coating, and yeah, keeping the omelette from getting stuck on the pan is key.

Chuck Evans January 7, 2007

Not only did I grow in Missouri – the best part, Kansas City – but I am a golf professional. How’s your game coming along?

Great site and blog – I have tried to do a couple of things on our blog based on your information here but I’m only a “computer gook” wannabe!

Keep up the good work,

chuck

Mike January 7, 2007

Hey Chuck,

Great to see you here, as I have a golf blog among several others.

Chris’ game needs your help ! Send him a Medicus quick !

Chuck Evans January 7, 2007

Mike,

I’ve sent you an email and added your blog to mine!

Chris, need help? Call the DR!

chuck

Mike January 7, 2007

Hey Chuck,

I’ll go get the email and add you to my blog roll.

Chris P. January 7, 2007

Chuck,

Here’s what I need:

• More free time
  • A short game

I can hit a 5 iron 230 all day long, so consistency and touch are really the things that are paramount for me.

Back when I played a lot, I would consistently shoot 74–78, but never below that. At the time, I felt as though I was striking the ball well enough to shoot in the upper 60s, but I never seemed to be able to put together an entire round that didn’t have at least one disaster hole (double bogey or worse).

I think the bottom line is that when I needed par saves, I often wasn’t able to get the job done.

By the same token, though, I never met a par 5 I couldn’t reach in two shots, so I always felt confident there.

I will definitely break 70 before I die, though, and if everything goes according to plan, I’ll be knocking off four rounds a week in just a few years ;)

Mike January 7, 2007

I hope I’m there to see you shoot 67, Gorilla Boy !

You need some Eidolon Golf wedges and a short game school of about 3-5 days.

Oh, and some course management would be nice too.

Chris P. January 7, 2007

So you’re saying that I probably shouldn’t try to carry my 3 iron 245 onto a postage-stamp green in hopes that I can narrowly miss an eagle putt and tap in for birdie?

I did this very thing in 2001 in Houston, and I made a double bogey on the hole—the 18th—to shoot 80 on a really tough course. D’oh!

Mike January 7, 2007

Maybe when you’re older and not as strong, you’ll play even better … like me !

However it goes, I’m looking forward to the next Simplenomics vs Pearsonified golf match.

Maybe we can find another blogger or two to fly in to Louisville for a semi-annual matchup.

Next time we’ll play at a links course like Nevel Meade to give the bomber in you a better chance.

Chuck Evans January 7, 2007

WOW Chris! NOT many Tour Players hit 230 5 irons! My advice is multi-fold,

1. MAKE time to play and practice
2. Spend 70% of your time working on your short game – our students make 90% of their 10 footers, 75% of their 15 footers, and HOLE 30% of their chip shots! We DO have a few tricks up our sleeves for the short game.

Driver, Wedge, and Putter make up 78% of the game -so there is no benefit practicing long irons!

I’ll be happy to send you a copy of my ebook – just email me.

chuck

BRADLEY STEPHEN GROSS January 7, 2007

CHIRS!!! you are my cousin and i love you so much. however i have heard nothing of you in over a year. and neither has anyone else in my family. i know that everything is complicated and you dont want to think of it, but the A-town branch of the Gross family is HARMLESS! please respond!

Chris P. January 7, 2007

Bradley,

Yo dawg! Did you Google me?

I saw Josh over the summer and got his phone number as well as Matt’s, but I managed to lose both numbers when I had to change phones again.

I’ll flip you an email here soon, but for now, I’m headed out to Vegas :)

Chris P. January 7, 2007

Mike,

Now you’re talking! Nevel Meade is my favorite local course for under $75. It’s the “hallowed ground” where I finished birdie-birdie to card my first 74 on July 2, 2001. The putter was singin that day, and so were the irons.

BRADLEY STEPHEN GROSS January 7, 2007

dude, yeah. i googled you. but it was hard to find. i wish i had your SEO tips before i looked for this. but yeah man. sometimes i just fucking think about you man. your like Atlantis or something, just a lost jewel in the family man. e-mail me fo sho. but i want to talk to you in person. like on the phone, i have no idea what in the WORLD we would talk about but who cares… your my cousin man.

Mike January 7, 2007

You’re on Themedude … as soon as we both have time, it gets warm and dries up !

Chris P. January 7, 2007

The way things have gone this winter, who knows…It might be 70 in a week or so!

But don’t get me out on a soggy course—my four letter words echo pretty loudly around the Nevel Meade property.

Mike January 7, 2007

I remember it being wet at Seneca and how we didn’t fare as well as we should have.

Soon, Grasshopper, soon …..

Britgirl January 8, 2007

Good on you for quitting a more than toxic situation with your Dad and for blazing your own trail. What an interesting story. I can imagine your Dad was quite envious of you. I don’t play tennis that well, but I do play squash at 3.0 league. But my game’s been in the toilet for several months :(
My own fault though, not enough practice! And I can flip English pancakes ;)

papa mc reinhart January 9, 2007

I still think going for the gusto from 250 is the way.
I played Vahalla with my father in law, and there i stood, 240 from the green, 6 iron in hand…$50 later i hit it stiff to the green and it trickeled off the back 1st cut… best $50 i spent…

Now i carry a 4 wood, you would be so proud.

lunch soon man…

B Neat January 10, 2007

Mitch, How many times did it bonce on the cart path?

B Neat January 10, 2007

bounced on the keys too fast

papa mc reinhart January 11, 2007

too numerous to count…

when are you taking me to Quail Chase so i can relive my glory days

B Neat January 11, 2007

I’ll have to stock up on balls. I haven’t played in two years and I’ll need a dozen balls for number 1 on the east course and another dozen for number 7 on the east. Like tin cup, I will get there in 2 even if it cost me 10 strokes!

I AM THE ONE WRONGED January 11, 2007

CHRISTOPHER-
LETS SEE IF YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO POST THE REAL STORY FOR YOUR READERS…
YOUR INFORMATION IS SO INCORRECT. WHY DONT YOU TELL YOUR READERS THAT YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAME HOME AFTER YOU COULD NOT CUT IT AS AN ENGINEER AND YOU LIVED AT HOME EXPENSE FREE INCLUDING FOOD, TRUCK, LAC GYM MEMBERSHIP, LAUNDRY SERVICES FOOD, ETC AND SAVED 20K WHEN YOU LEFT. YOUR ADCOMM INFORMATION IS INCORRECT AND YOU DID NOT SAVE US FROM DIVORCE AND FINANACIAL RUIN. WE SAVED OURSELF. ACTUALLY, YOU WERE A BAD INFLUENCE ON DAD AND BAD FOR THE MARRIAGE. ITS BEEN SO MUCH BETTER WITH YOU GONE.

AND HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY THAT YOU HAD AN ISSUE WITH YOUR DAD IN 2005 AND HAVE HAD NO CONTACT WITH YOUR STEP MOM AND GRANDMOTHER WHO NEVER DID ANYTHING TO YOU. AND WHAT ABOUT MY FAMILY WHO CAME TO YOUR BALL GAMES, AND ACCEPTED YOU AS IF YOU WERE THEIR OWN BLOOD. DID YOU TELL YOUR READERS THAT YOU HAD TWO NEW CARS WITHIN TWO YEARS OF EACH OTHER, THAT YOU HAD TRIPS PAID FOR TO VEGAS TWO TIMES WITH YOUR FRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND AND WHO HAULDED AND PAID TO HAVE THE MOVING TRUCK HALL YOUR STUFF BACK FROM NASHVILLE AFTER TWO MONTH.

I ALWAYS KNEW YOU USED EVERYONE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND WHEN YOU DID NOT GET ANYTHING FROM THEM YOU DROPPED THEM. I SEE THE SAME THING WITH US. AND YOUR GRANDMOTHER HAS ONLY BEEN SUPPORTIVE.

DELUSIONAL …A FALSE BELIEF OR OPINION…PLEASE GET HELP FOR YOUR PSYCHIATRIC ILLNESS.

B Neat January 11, 2007

Chris P. January 11, 2007

WRONGED,

There are so many contradictions and holes in your response that I hardly know where to begin.

I’d love to nitpick every last detail that I think is wrong with what you’ve said, but I’d rather just sum everything up more powerfully in a few choice statements.

Second, throwing a statement like “it’s been so much better with you gone” around—what is that? Is that your way of pumping yourself up to feel good about this whole thing?

You and I (and others, let’s face it) both know there are details that I selectively left out in order to refrain from dragging you through the coals. Clearly, you weren’t interested in that approach.

Now, the end result is that you’ve got a statement up on this site that is not retractable, and on top of that, I find it extremely embarrassing for you and your cause in this matter. What do you suppose the rest of the family will think when they read that?

Obviously, you arrived at this site because someone tipped you off to its existence, and upon arrival, you decide to leave a statement that might make others think twice about your stance on all of this. Nice move.

Your response here—thoughtfully composed in disjointed paragraphs and all caps, I might add—qualifies as nothing more than an impulsive rant.

Personally, I believe that any parent reading this would be horrified at the way you’ve chosen to throw things in my face and hold them against me. If nothing else, it’s clear that I’m certainly not the one here who is delusional.

Adrian January 13, 2007

Whoa.

I visit this site regularly with cloaking device engaged, and Chris, I think I know a lot more about you now! Thanks for sharing.

You’ve handled yourself well here.

David Krug January 13, 2007

Having dealt with my share of parental problems I think its ridiculous that parents throw basic parental shit back in your face as some sort of mooching.

Ugh,
Makes me want to never have kids.

Britgirl January 13, 2007

“Personally, I believe that any parent reading this would be horrified at the way you’ve chosen to throw things in my face and hold them against me.”

Actually, you’d be surprised at just how many parents do exactly that to their children. Whether or not they admit it to themselves.

David Krug January 13, 2007

What I think is sad is accusations of delusional and psychiatric problems by a parent who obviously doesn’t understand basic internet interaction.

Someone who doesn’t even know how to take the caps locks off has some serious parental counseling to go through.

Of all my friends in the last few years Chris P has been the most fucking supportive emotionally, mentally and psychologically. Even when things haven’t always worked out for the better for him.

I think its pretty ballsy for him to even share this story and I think its a testimony to his sticktuitiveness to have accomplished so much already.

To me Chris P, and others on the web have largely replaced family.

He’s definetly the least selfish person I know. So whoever this is who isn’t ‘ballsy’ enough to identify themselves but only calls themselves as WRONGED.

You are the one doing wrong here.

Adrian January 13, 2007

As a father of three, ages 1, 2, and 3, I can’t really understand a parent giving “conditional” love to their children.

I sure hope that WRONGED isn’t a blood relative…

Somebody call Dr.Phil!

bigdad January 13, 2007

Dear Christopher,

I would like to clarify some of the content of Pam’s posting on your website because I believe some statements were misinterpreted by you and in addition, ask you to read between the caps, so to speak.
You stated you do not wish to speak to me for the various reasons stated on your website in your response to Jeff. I accept responsibility for my actions and hold no ill will towards you for your decision. In fact I am proud of you for standing up for your beliefs and standards.
Pam has never been able to reconcile her mental checkbook since your decision to no longer have any contact with me. Pam understands that you do not wish to speak to me as you stated on your website:
“Ultimately, I will end up better off as a result, but at this point in time, I am not willing to forgive. I haven’t spoken with my dad in over a year, and I don’t see that changing any time soon. Given his character history and stubborn nature, I doubt that it will ever change.”
Pam accepts this part. Now here is the part she cannot reconcile mentally. Why is she excluded? Did she also do something that has caused you to have a similar response to her as you have to me? I f you would please tell her at least she would have a reason. Pam also does not understand why you have cut off Shirley Pearson, your grandmother. Did she also do something that has caused you to have a similar response to her as you have to me? Pam also does not understand why you have cut off the Gross clan. You see all this is a result of her seeing Bradley’s attempts to have some contact with you. It seemed that he was sincere about missing you and wondering why he has not heard from you. “but i want to talk to you in person. like on the phone, i have no idea what in the WORLD we would talk about but who cares… your my cousin man.”. I think to this point Pam had really only considered how your actions were directly affecting her. She does not like it, she wishes it would change, but also has the wisdom to know there are some things you cannot change and these things must be accepted. When she saw that Bradley was trying to reach out to you, she snapped and posted her hurt in this forum because she loves her family very much. To her, it was bad enough that she had to take it, fine, but now your silence was hurting Brad, (and he is just a kid) her family. In short, I think everyone in the family would like to be able to justify your actions and certainly would like an explanation of how cutting your father off translated into ignoring the entire family, that is all. You are extremely loquacious and have the ability to wax eloquence with the very best of them. I am sure they will understand your response and look forward to it as everyone in the family, and your readers too, would like some closure regarding why you have not and do not speak to anyone on this side of the family.
“First, I think it’s pathetic that you would choose to leverage the things that you’ve done for your child against him. Last time I checked, responsible parents who truly want to help their kids would do anything and everything to help them succeed.
You see, I think that’s ultimately where the failure occurred—there was never any guilt-free environment. Holding things like that over your son’s head and using them against him borders on pure evil, and I would argue that there are few things more damaging to someone who is trying to find his identity in the world.”
Christopher, Pam was not trying to give you a “guilt trip”. Pam simply states the facts. Pam’s family did attend your ballgames; you do not have any contact with Pam or my mother. My mom has been only supportive of you. It’s all true. You refute these facts with a personal attack on Pam and further admonish her for giving you a guilt trip, and state: and I would argue that there are few things more damaging to someone who is trying to find his identity in the world.” You are 25 years old. This is considered legal age. You are not a child seeking to find his identity in the world. You are an adult, apparently seeking to find his identity in the world. Pam just wrote this on Thursday, Jan.11th, 2007. I do not believe there is a jury in the world who would believe that Pam “damaged” you while you were trying to find your identity in the world, at age 25, since last Thursday. “Holding things like that over your son’s head and using them against him borders on pure evil” What is Pam holding over your head? Fond memories? Pam loves you and she is hurt? The fact that she did anything ever for you at all, good or bad, can never be mentioned lest it be interpreted as evil?
In this matter please do not waste any of your time finding yourself embarrassed for Pam and her “cause”, Pam’s cause is that she loves you with all her heart, pure and simple, and you are hurting her deeply as well as the whole family. We are embarrassed for you. As to the second part, we do not have to suppose. My family has read all of it for months. What they think is negative and certainly this is not the forum, but the negativity was directed toward your actions and how your actions have affected each individual member of the family. There was little sympathy for you as everyone feels that they are being hurt and shunned by your actions. If someone slaps you in the face, for whom do you have sympathy? For the person who slapped you, or for yourself and your own sore cheek?
Christopher, you book marked bloglouisville on our PC at my home in November 2005 while Tim and Heather Erskine were here and we had Carraba’s for dinner . You also booked marked your website on my PC at work in November of 2005. If you click your name at the bottom of the page, it takes you to the Pearsonified website automatically. Pam and I, and the rest of the family for that matter, have been reading this site for months. It is our only form of contact after all. “Obviously, you arrived at this site because someone tipped you off to its existence.” This is a true statement. Someone did “tip us off”. You did. Nice Move” and upon arrival, you decide to leave a statement that might make others think twice about your stance on all of this.” Pam’s stance is the same as always, love, love. love, unconditional, and free of charge. I do not think Pam would care in the least what anyone thinks about her stance on this matter, but not because she is unmindful of others, but because Pam loves you so much, and she is the one who has to deal with her loss.
“In my opinion, it’s pretty brazen to assume that everyone will just automatically side with you because you are who you are. I really can’t believe you have that much audacity and that little tact.”
You are certainly entitled to your opinion and so is Pam to her own opinion. Your sentence reads that “everyone” would side with her. Pam is not leading “everyone”, nor is she a spokesperson for any family member. Pam only represents herself and her feelings and beliefs. Pam loves you; she is extremely hurt because you will not speak to her. I know Pam would gladly trade her “much audacity and little tact” for a hug from you.
I am sure we all have experienced a time when a situation arose when caps were used to illustrate a point at one time or another. Pam’s posting on your website was no exception. Anyone could easily pick up on the fact that Pam is hurting because you have decided to hurt her. If she was happy, do you think she would write in caps? Do you? So let’s set the scene here. You have zero contact with Pam and anyone in our family for over a year, Pam’s heart is broken and now she sees how it is affecting Bradley who grew up with you as someone he looked up to (you set the standard for grades and success in school you know, plus you were cool) and that Brad idolized(s) you. Pam snaps when she sees Brad’s messages to you and posts her message to you against my advice.
Touché! Not only did you break her heart, you put her in her place too! Well done! Bravo! Brilliant! Oh and don’t forget, kudos out to the Bud man as well. “Very bad taste Pam. Family details were left out. It’s between Kip and his Dad. No wonder he broke all ties. “
Christopher breaks her heart and then treats her like a child and then Buddy kicks her while she is down. Awesome. What a class act, I really admire your tactfulness. No substitute for adding insult to injury, works every time! Booyah! Way to go KipperNaniTootyBoWoolybooger. You are better than all of us of course, so what is the harm! You are only insulting the ilk (I believe this is their sole purpose for existence) after all who would we be better than?

Pam “threw” nothing at you but facts and she certainly did not aim for your face or attempt to hold these truths against you, only remind you of the other half of the family you have been ignoring.
SCENE 1. Act 1. An erudite English gentleman is seated in a high leather back chair behind an oversized oak desk, stoking a briar, wistfully gazing at his diplomas while basking in the warm glow of his own greatness in an opulent office in downtown London. In a haughty scholarly Oxford accent:
“If nothing else, it’s clear that I’m certainly not the one here who is delusional.”
Right-O! Good show old boy! By Jove! Hear Hear! Cheerio and all that!
Again this statement was misinterpreted by you. You see Pam believes the facts. And you do not have to accept what Pam thinks are the facts are really the facts. You can check the facts for yourself, so you know the truth your own self. Take no ones word for the truth, you find out for yourself what the truth is. All of us can, as it is so easy! Here is how you do it. You take a statement and prove if it is true or false. You were awesome at these in school, so I know you will catch on right away! So here we go! Sharpen your number 2’s!
1. Statement- In the process, my dad began to treat me like a dog, even going as far as to disrespect me in front of our employees.
2. Response- The first part of this sentence is opinion my dad began to treat me like a dog, but the second part can be proved right or wrong. even going as far as to disrespect me in front of our employees. If you check the ky.sos.gov website and perform a search for AdComm, Inc., you will see the principle shareholders are Sam Gross and Chris Pearson (dad). No where on these articles of Incorporation is Christopher Lee Pearson mentioned. Further, checking the 941 Payroll returns the only legal signature is that of Chris Pearson. Hence, the statement is false since the employees were not Christopher’s at all. In fact he was an employee, which is also evident from the form 941.
3. Statement – When we first entered that space, we lost about $130,000, and since we were still paying off a rather large debt, this made it less and less likely that I would receive the raise that I was due.
4. Response- AdComm entered that space (St. Louis market area). “we” did not lose anything because “we” had not invested in the company. Fact- AdComm invested money in the St. Louis market as opposed to losing it. Further it was invested 4 or 5 stores a week for three months. Simple business model: If you own enough property and can rent it out for the note it will all pay for itself. Fact: Christopher Lee Pearson invested 0 dollars in AdComm during his brief employment. Fact: Employees do not provide funds to the company that employs them, in fact, employees expect, and are entitled to, be paid for services rendered.
5. Statement – I believe that you must adhere to boundaries in professional relationships, and I felt like my dad violated those boundaries in a way that was inexcusable.
6. Are these the same professional boundaries whose beliefs you adhered to at the time you wrote this statement the same professional boundaries whose beliefs you adhered to at the time you when you quit your last two jobs with out notice? Fact – you quit your last two jobs with out notice. Fact : Industry standard for resignation – Two weeks minimum notice.

Statement – To this day, it bothers me that I saved my family from divorce and bankruptcy and received nothing for it. On top of that, they are now in a very comfortable financial position, and there is no doubt in my mind that I was responsible for a great deal of that.
Response – Fact: At no time ever did Christopher ever perform the duties of marriage counselor or provide fiduciary advice for Pam and me, and certainly if these services were rendered, the bills would have been paid. Fact: Christopher is not a licensed marriage counselor nor is he a certified financial advisor.
Statement – . On top of that, they are now in a very comfortable financial position, and there is no doubt in my mind that I was responsible for a great deal of that.
Response – There is no basis in fact for this claim. Pam and I live in the same house we have owned since 1998. Fact: Children cost money. Fact: Christopher was my child and Pam and I spent money on him. Fact: St. X is not free tuition. Fact: Lexus that was totaled eventually but provided to Christopher was not free.
Statement – there is no doubt in my mind that I was responsible for a great deal of that.
Response – Fact – You were responsible for a great deal of that- DEBT. We could be light years ahead financially if I had not paid child support, tuition to Christian Academy and St.X , Lexus, etc. etc. etc.
Statement – In my opinion, I had more than earned a considerable share of the company as well as a $20,000 annual raise.
Response – Fact: Employees do not earn shares of companies or share in the loss for operating in the capacity of employee’s duties, no matter how well or poorly the company performs. Fact: Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. Fact: None of the 27 people who have made responses on your Pearsonified website can honestly name and prove any employee they personally know of who has gotten a $20,000 annual raise. Fact: If they can, this would be the exception to the norm.
Statement- First, I think it’s pathetic that you would choose to leverage the things that you’ve done for your child against him. Last time I checked, responsible parents who truly want to help their kids would do anything and everything to help them succeed.
Response – Christopher the master manipulator, don’t you think your own statement reeks of a guilt complex? Apparently Pam and I owe you for everything we call our own. Fact To this day, it bothers me that I saved my family from divorce and bankruptcy and received nothing for it. On top of that, they are now in a very comfortable financial position, and there is no doubt in my mind that I was responsible for a great deal of that. First, I think it is pathetic that you would choose to leverage the things that you’ve done for your parents against them. Last time I checked, responsible children who truly want to help their parents would do anything and everything to help them succeed. Holding things like that over your parent’s head and using them against them borders on pure evil, and I would argue that there are few things more damaging to a couple who are trying to find their identity in the world. Fact: What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Take a look at the facts and tell me you are not delusional, or at the very least, a pathological liar. Fact: Christopher Lee Pearson was an employee of AdComm, not an owner, officer, shareholder, just an employee. Fact: You invested nothing in AdComm. Fact AdComm was incorporated in April 2001 and to this day is a incorporated in Kentucky with status in good standing. Fact: AdComm did not achieve its earnings potential until 9 months after you quit. Fact: Earnings potential is still achieving far above what it did while you were an employee. Fact: Christopher wants to take credit for AdComm’s success. On top of that, they are now in a very comfortable financial position, and there is no doubt in my mind that I was responsible for a great deal of that. There are other details that contribute to how vital a role I played, but I think it would be classless to divulge them all here.
AdComm has been in existence since April 2001. Christopher worked slightly over two years of this entire lifespan, some of it co-op during college. To make a statement like this is classless and demeaning to ALL of the staff who through the years have made their individual contributions to make AdComm what it is today, especially mine. Your ego knows no satiety. You were being paid to contribute, you were an employee. Should Howard Schnellenberger demand back pay from U of L because they got to be a better football team after he left? No one fired him, he quit. and there is no doubt in my mind that I was responsible for a great deal of that.
Pam is absolutely justified in her evaluation of your current psychiatric state. Who in the world would claim facts that are easily disprovable? Are you a liar? No? Then you must be delusional. Unless you have another explanation, which I am sure a delusional person would. If you go back and reread your response to Jeff and to Pam, it is all about you. Your raise that you deserve, your mistreatment, wah wah wah. You poor thing, let me kiss your boo boo and make it all better! I would ask all 27 who have responded here to as to how many of them could go 3 months at a time without cashing a paycheck. Fact: 0 hands raised. How many were able to save every thing they made and pay no expenses other than for their own luxury? Fact: 0 hands raised. How many of your readers saved $20,000 plus in less than two years????? Fact: 0 hands raised. Sounds like you had a real good job to me. How many of readers have owned and totaled a Lexus by age 22? Fact: 0 hands raised.
You have gone too far by saying anything negative about Pam. And you sacrificed all of your credibility when you made false statements, similar to the one where you claimed you were a higher ranked tennis player than you really are. I probably should edit the line about being a 4.0/4.5 player to:
Right. Because the truth is you are not ranked 4.0/4.5. You should probably edit it??? No, you should tell the truth. If you do not like the truth, make a change. Or keep being delusional and inflating your sense of self worth. The latter is easier, after all, you only have to convince yourself and any of the other 26 sycophants with the inability to think for themselves you have recruited as cheer leaders.
Your personal attack on Pam crossed the line. You believe you are above reproach. Fact: You are not. There are not enough days and opportunities to make it up to the people who stood by you throughout the years, but the effort would be nice. That and some humility.

Goodbye.

Dear Christopher,

Right-O! Good show old boy! By Jove! Hear Hear! Cheerio and all that!

Goodbye.

David Krug January 13, 2007

Big Chris,
You know you insulted Chris with this rant. I mean thats like a mile long. Unless you were going for pure insult.

Secondly you insulted me. Here’s why:
I go months without touching my ‘checks’ in fact i dont really cash checks. Even at age 22 I tried to be responsible enough with my money I could live
without cashing checks. I’m jewish when it comes to money management and its saved me at times.
Although I’ve seen my share of poverty in my life too. Money doesn’t make the man. Integrity does. Chris is just fortunate enough to be blessed to be able to use his talents to make money and he’s a man of integrity.

Seems like you have a lot of bitterness steeped inside. How do you know about your own sons life so much when you aren’t involved?

I’d also like to square off with you on the issue of reality for a second since you decided ignorantly to insult my best friends commenters including myself.

See the entire time I’ve known Chris he’s been a man of his word. He’s helped me. He’s been rock solid. And to think we don’t always agree.

The corporate world is about shitting on the employees. That’s the reality of it. You obviously come from that world. Even if that costs you your son. He made no investment? What do you think showing up to work each day was? Listening to your crap?

I consider Chris one of the smartest business savvy guys I know. I’m honored to call him a friend and partner.

I’d put an iron oxe on my back to make the guy a millionaire only because I know he’d do the same for me.

This is the real world. Do companies give you 2 weeks notice? Than screw industry standards.

You obviously don’t live in a reality based world where psychiatric evaluations aren’t done from across the computer screen by people with little to no experience and with little to no involvement in a persons life. Therefore I take it “Pam” said these things purely to hurt as a reactionary comment to what was posted here. In fact reading this and what you have now said I’m sure of it.

The next time you say that their are 26 sycophants that he’s somehow recruited to comment on this thread you might want to consider how that could effect your business. Since some of us have websites that woulda coulda damage your public relations just for sounding like an absolute moron. FACT.

I saved about 40k in 2 months about 8 months ago. Of course I spent it all on lavish luxuries I didnt need and some charitable things too. Again money doesnt matter unless your a man with a serious issue since most men judge there lives by the size of their bank accounts and not the size of their hearts
BTW this loony has worked for some companies you may have heard of:
AON,Anderson Windows,Mastercard,VISA,Sears, and even the US Government. That’s all when I was younger and dumber. Now I work for myself. My quality of life is better. FACT.

Oh by the way check your facts before you open your mouth. Not a FACT.

Chris P. January 13, 2007

When your father, whom you love, is facing sexual harassment lawsuits and resorting to alcoholism instead of reaching out to improve the business, and you have the chance to make a difference, what do you do?

I chose to help.

Perhaps you’ll remember the following from the summer of 2004:

Driving up and down interstates 71 and 64, late at night, while cradling a 12 pack of Miller Lite—with me driving and remaining enthusiastic about our cause and about the future.

Maybe you’ll also recall how I analyzed every aspect of the business and created an atmosphere for growth unlike anything you’d ever seen. And also how I, as an “employee,” was left in charge of the hiring of the only good person AdComm has ever employed. (aside: what kind of company president—a company with two “employees”—leaves hiring up to a salaried employee?)

Remember who John Roseberry said was making the biggest difference at AdComm? Oh, or did you forget that already?

And what about all of the marketing materials and the personal touches the company was able to provide to its retailers?

I know how much you like to take the “legal” route with all of this—after all, I don’t know anyone outside of a lawyer who has more experience in this arena than you.

Be that as it may, and despite the fact that I never had any stake in the company, we both know that you couldn’t have done any of this without me. I know you find comfort in your legal facts, but as a man, you simply cannot own up to the real truth here, and that’s all that matters to me.

Tell me this: what “employee” would chauffeur you around—while drunk, I might add—in the middle of the night on a Saturday for no extra pay?

You always made me feel as though I was receiving more of the pie than any traditional employee would ever be entitled to.

So, what lesson am I to take from this? That it’s cool to let your own flesh and blood help you out to the nth degree and then dick them over because you are in a legal position to do so? That it’s okay to allow family to believe one thing and then pull a power play when things don’t quite go your way?

Oh, you don’t think you dicked me over? Why on earth do you think I walked the path I did for a year and a half after college? I did it to help you, you jackass.

It wasn’t for me. It was for you. It was for the family. It was because I believed we could achieve something together, and that maybe when all was said and done, it would mean that much more to everyone.

Apparently this was absolutely lost on you, and now all you care to do is resort to your legal constraints and your guilt trips regarding Pam and the rest of the family.

You know what? Maybe when Pam sees the light here and realizes how you fucked me over, I’ll give her a hug.

For years I had you and Pam tell me I was a selfish person, and I really began to believe that, somewhat like the self-fulfilling prophecy.

Over the past few months, though, I’ve taken a personal inventory, and I’ve come to the conclusion that nothing could be further from the truth.

My life now consists of discovering things and giving away that knowledge to as many folks as possible. On top of that, I routinely do things and provide advice for friends and colleagues—enthusiastically and free of charge, I might add.

And despite all that, when I look back at my life from August 2003 through July of 2005, I can say with confidence that the path I walked was completely unselfish.

You guys can spin it however you want, say whatever you want, make any horse shit legal claim you want, but the truth will always remain the same:

Your life and your business are better off because I helped you.

And as for the rest of the family? I love the rest of the family. I really do. I miss them deeply, and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought about them, thought about the way things were when I was growing up, and about all the things I might now be missing.

But to be perfectly honest, I believed that they would try to push me to patch things up with you, and that’s why I haven’t reached out to them.

I don’t believe you’re ready to accept the truth, and based on what you’ve said here, I don’t believe you ever will.

I can hear you know: “I don’t accept the truth? He doesn’t accept the truth!”

I accept the fact that I was “just” an employee of AdComm. I accept the fact that everything I did for you never amounted to anything—not even respect—after a year and a half of growing the business into something you could be proud of (instead of worrying your baldspot into prominence).

I accept the fact that folks on that side of the family are going to feel jilted by me, and as much as I hate that and wish it weren’t true, I can’t compromise my stance on this.

I’ve compromised, bent, broken, and allowed myself to be swayed my entire life.

For once, I’m going to be a man and say this is what I believe.

If AdComm employees want to feel insulted by the fact that I was directly responsible for creating an environment of success that achieved its earnings potential 9 months after I left (this is assuming the growth rate from markets we established in 2005 was similar to those seen from markets established in 2004), then that’s their business.

Do you really think Althea would tell you to your face that she was shocked by the way you treated me on occasions in the office?

Do you really think Dean believes that any of AdComm’s success would have been possible without me; furthermore, do you really think he believes that there was a greater catalyst for growth than my involvement?

Why don’t you level with the readers here too, since you seem to be so obsessed with the truth.

In 2002 and 2003, you were involved in 2 sexual harassment lawsuits from former employees. Company records show that during that time, sales plummeted, reaching their low point in November of 2003.

Ironically (or perhaps not so?), this was the month when I began working on AdComm’s first counter mat. If memory serves me correctly, this was also the month that I officially signed on with AdComm.

So, although AdComm was in existence from 2001 through 2003 without me, it was clearly in the shitter. And if you really want to be honest, why don’t you tell everyone how depressed you became over the lawsuits and your slipping grip on the business? And why not reveal the fact that you turned to alcoholism instead of finding a real solution.

Gee, looks pretty fortunate that I came around now, doesn’t it? Let’s look at another gem from you:

Who in the world would claim facts that are easily disprovable?

I could easily prove that November of 2003 was AdComm’s worst month ever, and I could easily prove that the natural growth from business that was established while I was at AdComm (Nov. 2003 through July 2005) was quite clearly the most explosive growth period ever for the company.

Profit margins grew from roughly 4.5% to nearly 7% on all products sold during my stay there. This means that the company made 55.56% more off of every sale by the end of my tenure. I’d be willing to bet that the profit per sale has dropped since my departure, too, thanks to the addition of agent accounts in St. Louis.

Based on company data, it could easily be proven that AdComm experienced an unprecedented renaissance while I was there. If you want to talk about facts, you better start facing them.

Nobody tells you what they really think about you, and that’s part of the problem.

I will tell you what I really think.

I think you suffer from an inferiority complex that can be traced back to when you were beaten as a child.

I think that your entire life, you’ve felt as though you were never good enough, never quite on that cutting edge that you so desired to be on.

Furthermore, I think that when you finally got a taste of power, respect, and accomplishment through AdComm, you trashed the notion of family in favor of your legal one-upsmanship, which is nothing more than a product of lawsuits that you practically invited to your doorstep by hiring young girls who excited you.

Go ahead and deny that too—since nothing ever went to court, you should be covered, right?

Yeah, shit, it doesn’t matter what the truth is in your mind and in your heart. And it doesn’t matter what your family went through in the process, right? The lawsuit went away, and that means you were a stand up act all the way. Right?

I saw Pam suffer. I chose not to suffer and fall victim to the depression that affected your immediate family. Instead, I worked my ass off and tried to make things better.

From November 2003 through July of 2005, I made AdComm—the only thing on which I focused—better.

You are too blind to see it or accept it.

I was the catalyst. I was the reason why things in your life improved. I was the one who told you to forget about the lawsuits and instead focus on the business. I was the one who was there in the middle of the night on weeknights and weekends making it happen.

In all fairness, you were there too. But it was us. In the end, it was just you, because you let the “power” consume you.

Even though I was the man all along, you were the man in the end because your name is on the articles of incorporation.

Fuck those articles. Between two men—you (arguably) and me—we built the company. I was every bit as responsible for its success as you were.

You want to cut low blows, and you did a marvelous job by saying that I never invested anything in the company.

You’re right, except that I invested everything I had into the company.

From age 22 through 24, I gave AdComm everything I had. I didn’t have capital, but what I did have—energy, determination, talent, and a history of success—I gave to the company.

So you know what?

Fuck you.

I gave it everything I had. My entire life was AdComm for a year and a half, but I was just an employee, right?

The fact that you allow yourself to say these kinds of things to me is precisely why I hate you. It’s why I avoid contact with anyone who is even loosely associated with you.

Although you weren’t always this way, you’ve allowed yourself to become someone who spins everything to his own benefit, even if it means crushing those close to you.

Legal is the only thing that matters to you anymore, and I guess you get your panties in a wad when Pam cries over stuff like this.

But you know what? You caused this. She’s crying because of stuff that you did. Stuff you created, and stuff you refuse to face like a man.

This legal shit? It’s a cop out. You’re a pussy.

Don’t try to comment back, as I will only delete it. Go off and spin this however you like—paint the story to everyone you can as though I’m the one who’s clearly off base here.

Josh, Matt, Ben, Katie, and Brad will know the truth, because I will tell them.

If Pam wants to believe that the things I tell them are a lie, then she’s only lying to herself, just as she’s had to do for years in order to tolerate her marriage to you.

Oh, and regarding the tennis, you wise ass? I am a 4.0 player. As such, I play on a 4.0 team. However, I was also asked to play on a 4.5 team because I am generally regarded as a hot prospect for USTA teams in Kentucky.

So, here’s some math even you can handle:

I’m on two different teams.

So which is it? It’s both.

Last year, as a 3.5 player, I was the only adult who was on 4 state championship teams below the senior level.

So the truth is, I never lied about a thing on there, and you just don’t understand what the fuck it is you’re talking about.

Gee, that reminds me of the AdComm days!

David Krug January 13, 2007

:) Let’s grab a box of Boone’s and smoke a stoggie on the porch of the blogosphere. It’s been a long day.

Amy Ammen January 17, 2007

I’m a simpleton, but liked your blog template on wordpress. then, I read a bit about you and want to say it is engaging. You are admirable and I think are on a prosperous path. Keep your drive!

Amy

Chris P. January 17, 2007

Amy — Thanks so much! I need to get out of this house, and I might actually get something done…

Glenn Walker January 20, 2007

This is one of THE most truly intense comment streams I have ever seen. Chris, I wouldn’t hold onto the anger too long, that stuff will eat you inside out. It’s hard; I was in a similar situation once, just had to let go, until I did it damaged me more than anyone else.

Ken Savage January 31, 2007

Holy crap I just read this whole page up to this point.

All I’ll say is thx for sharing everyone.

Smithy February 1, 2007

I’ve been in situations like this before (my brother and parents don’t get along at all). I’m quite surprised that you all let it out in the open like this, I don’t think later on you might think it was so wise.

Either way don’t let the hate eat either of you up, it’s not worth it.

Something else bothered me about one of the comments I read: what the hell did David Krug mean when he said “I’m jewish when it comes to money management”? I think he has some issues he needs to take care of.

Rafael March 13, 2007

Hello Cris, this is a personal question about your design, I have a blog on my site (mysite.com) but for now is just a blog, in the future i want to sell my services there and move the blog to second place like is doing now seomoz, but I´m not sure if i have to move my blog to a folder called blog (or whatever) or maybe a designer like you could be able to create a wordpress theme that have different things like:

1. from page to sell services with the title of the last post
2. blogs with the same design keeping in mind the importance of the users and that my business is sell services.

Is that possible, or need i to move that to a folder, i´m asking cause i have good possitions on SEPR´s but that point to site.com/example.html (example.html is a blog post) seomoz is doing the business on homepage and inside they have the pages (seomoz.com/blog/post/ or seomoz.com/service/etc/) what you recommend to me…

Vicki March 26, 2007

Hey Chris. Why are you no longer linking to Drinking Liberally Louisville? http://Louisville.drinkingliberally.org

I was one of the first people to link your blog to mine when you started up. Seems rather rude of you.

Chris P. March 26, 2007

Vicki — That was completely unintentional. I haven’t been actively running (or checking, or maintaining, or anything) the BlogLouisville site since August of last year.

Although I had a few posts here and there in the meantime, I pretty much abandoned development work on the site in lieu of other projects.

Managing the feeds on the site is a bit of a cumbersome task, but I’ll be happy to add yours back in. Again, it was certainly nothing personal; I just slapped a few feeds in there to see if the new architecture worked.

Chris P. March 26, 2007

Vicki — Actually, I just checked the way all of my feeds are set up, and yours was in there with the rest of them. I also verified the feed address, and everything seemed to be working fine, at least on that front.

That said, I have no idea why your latest post (from Mar. 26) is not showing up in the left. I’m interested to see if this plugin I’m using is ignoring your feed entirely, or if it just behaves sporadically.

Try checking the BlogLouisville site about an hour after you post your next entry, and see if it doesn’t pick it up in the headlines.

If it doesn’t, I may have to investigate a little further.

Again, sorry! I didn’t know this was going on, and I certainly didn’t do it intentionally.

Northern Viking April 10, 2007

Uhm hi, seems like I stopped by in a bad time.. I am sorry for your unfortunate family situation. Shit happens I say:-/ read the entire thread. This is definetly Jerry Springer material, no offence.
Uhm I kinda forgot what I was meaning to ask you, seems irrelevant now..

Yeah got it, traffic for my blog, I have tried ping and all that but I`m not really seeing much results. about a month since I pinged it. You know what I totally forgot what I was going to ask you.

I`ll stop by later, I have to read your homepage again to refresh my mind¦Þ

Take care for now.

john croucher April 12, 2007

chris

these people are only seeing the tip of the iceberg in regards to your dad and that woman who claims to be his stand by her man wife.

i would like to slam him here also.

maybe i can call him out and see how he & pam would respond to the facts that i know about him.

i wont’t bust your bubble on the growth of adcomm while you were their. i was their before you and after you. i want to believe i had a large part to do with the success also.

e-mail me back.

i did’t know you dislike your dad so much. you are right about all he knows is the legal way.

my attorney and me are going to give the courts document that show he a jeff stamper tried to blackmail me in the hindi greenwell suit.

he spent $36000 defending his self in the case. the only reason it ended is he knew he had more money to throw at his defense then she did. he was being sued based on my calculations for over $2m. $36000 was just a drop in the bucket in that regard.

you talked about his drinking problem, but didn’t touch on his pot smoking and lsd problem.

and i’m sure the people pam works with at the brain injury would like to know how pam treats her acid reflux problem.

his comeback to you that you were giving all the luxuries you didn,t deserve just comes off wrong.
look at how he treated the whores he kept at the office, z salon, car’s, clothes, cellular phones,drugs diners. its all in the court records. now those are FACTS.

take care
john

take care
john

guess??? April 16, 2007

Those are very powerful words for a man who has on more then one occasion tried to proposition some of those so called “whores” I hope you can put your money where your mouth is, cuz those be fightin words…..

Dana April 28, 2007

That entry was without irony? I mean you actually are as one-dimensional, conceited and boastful as you appear?

Wow!

Chris P. April 28, 2007

Dana — Probably more so!

Dana April 29, 2007

Seriously – I can see you have some family conflicts (you’re not the only one, by the way) but that’s no excuse for your tone – you also come across as arrogant and bullying and quite aggressive.

Five things I’d actually like to know about you – do you do anything for other people? Have you ever worked with children or the disabled or the disadvantaged?

You have a lot of talent (although not quite as much as you think) and huge amounts of energy, but all I see is a priveliged kid whining about how great he is and how unfairly he’s been treated and how he deserves even more out of life.

I think you’d be much happier if you tried putting your talents to some better use. Just my $0.02.

britgirl April 29, 2007

Chris – I suppose when you allow the world share in your family conflicts you leave yourself open for people to pontificate and lecture you on how you should be, how you should think and how you should be living your (much happier) life.

They can’t seem to help themselves.

Oh and of course, how they just know how you’d be happier.

Chris P. April 29, 2007

Right, because they all know so much about me :)

Oh, and I’ll be publishing another post tonight (finally!), so stay tuned.

This is all fake, right? November 11, 2007

Ding dang — this is great stuff. It’s almost as believable as LONELYGIRL on YouTube. Good marketing ploy, AdComm!

Marlee March 5, 2010

Your last tweet made me curious to take a closer look at your site.
After reading this post, I need not say — but will, you are an incredibly cool & talented person. I look forward to reading more in your archives. Thanks for creating Thesis; I love it. That said, my customizations would probably make you hurl…but they are a work in progress. We all start somewhere right.
Best,
M

Adrienne March 13, 2010

Hoot: Bravo for your moxey and sweep.
Holler: Just when I thought I had to have Thesis, I saw the price. OUCH! I’m a student in something that 1) will further the world but 2)doesn’t pay and 3) worse, is probably corporate.
Question: Do you offer a student rate for your most basic version? Please….?

Adrienne March 13, 2010

Oop…an email follow-up would be nice.

George Emsden September 9, 2011

Chris there appears to be a bug in my Thesis template. Have tried to upload a new header BUT it will not Save it even after I upload it. Come to think of it, no SAVE button appears. Moved onto to the check your setting page and pressed the BIG ASS SAVE BUTTON but didn’t work. My website graphics person had the same problem. Have tried uploading with IE, Google Chrome and firefox browsers but same result…HELP please

Chris Pearson September 9, 2011

George, a quick glance says you may need to disable the WP Super Cache plugin while making your changes to Thesis. Once you’re done, you can re-activate the plugin.

This may not solve your problem, as I’m just shooting from the hip here. The proper thing to do is to go post in the Thesis forums (login required); we’ve dealt with issues like this before, and I’m sure we have a solid answer for ya.