Ordinarily, I try to resist participating in the various memes that periodically tear across the digital landscape. This time, however, I’m left with no choice because I’ve been tagged by the likes of Brian, Cesar, Yuri, and Russell.
Oh, and I also think the “5 things you didn’t know about me” approach makes for good reading :)
Without further ado, it’s time to get your curiosity fix for the day!
Did you know?
- I play a lot of competitive tennis, and in 2006, I was on four state championship teams at my level, which makes me the only guy in Kentucky who can make that claim. In 2007, I’ll be playing at the 4.0 and 4.5 levels—that’s the pretty good to really good range, I guess.
- In 2001, I lowered my golf handicap to 4 by playing 52 times in 61 days while living alone in Houston, TX. Sadly, ever since that time, my handicap has ballooned like someone coming off the Atkins diet.
- I make a two-egg omelette for breakfast every morning, and I usually pound about 54 ounces of coffee to go with that.
- From 1996–1997, I was one of the most feared Duke Nukem players in the world. Back in the days of the Total Entertainment Network, I was ranked in the top 7 on both the regular game and also on the Plutonium Pack edition (actually, I was #1 on the Plutonium edition). No one—and I mean no one—was more lethal with the shotgun.
- After quitting my first job out of college, I went to work for my dad. In a year and a half, I took the company from near-bankruptcy to almost $20 MM in annual sales by providing detailed analysis (and subsequent overhaul) of every aspect of the business combined with an aggressive marketing scheme in rural areas. I got nothing for my efforts (no interest, no raise, no nothing) except a complete lack of respect, and seeing the writing on the wall, I promptly quit. Four months later, I started this site, and the rest is history.
Now, I want to hear from some people whose work I follow and really admire: Chris Glass, Naz Hamid, Khoi Vinh, Cameron Moll, and the guy who designs damn near everything he comes into contact with, Jason Santa Maria.